Loading a simple model on Xbox360

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 14, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Hello Dastle,

Since the last release i can't get my 3d models to load anymore on my xbox. I always get the following error message:

Additional information: Error loading "ring". Cannot find ContentTypeReader Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.AnimationReader, Xclna.Xna.Animation360, Version=1.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

I added the model to my website for reference:
http://www.pjstyle.net/ring.x

There was another topic on these forums about this problem. There the solution was to recreate the project, that didn't work for me :(.

Still, thanks for all the hard work, this is a great toolset for animation!

Regards,

Ted de Vries
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2007 at 4:11 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2007 at 4:14 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding these errors, since the reader does exist. None the less, my xbox is still out of service for the weekend, so I can't examine any possible issues till next week.

I do know that most people are having success with the xbox DLL's. I assume you are including the Animation360 dll and not the Animationx86 dll.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Oh yeah, someone once had this issue on Windows, and he addressed by simply referencing the DLL before loading content. Like, adding this line:

Type myType = typeof(ModelAnimator);

was enough. Very bizarre, but it seemed to work because it forced the dll to be loaded into memory. You might want to try this on the xbox.
Apr 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, this indeed did work for me!