How can I make my own model?

Topics: User Forum
Apr 5, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Hi all

I want to make my own model.I use the 3ds max 9 for this. But i have problems with export to .x file.
If i export the project as animated (and use BasicPaletteEffect) i can compile the project in visual c# without errors but the model its like invisible or something like that. In plain terms ... i can`t see the model in game.
But ...
If i export the project without the animation (and use BasicEffect) then i can see the model.
How can i make my own model? Which program can i use for that?

Can you help me? :(
Apr 5, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Funny how this suddenly appears on the internet. When I wanted to do this nothing or noone was able to help me. See if you can get anything out of this here discussion:
http://www.codeplex.com/animationcomponents/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8829

Now. I will, as stated in the last post in that thread post something here that will be able to help you, but what I can say for now is this:
*Get Panda Exporter http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax.aspx
*Make it work with your version (I cannot be more specific than that for now)
*Export with animations and make sure you hide the bones when exporting.
*Do the tutorial from the start and do exactly what it says, except replace all files with your own.

I can't remember how we managed to get it all together in the end though. We've been working with this full time for two days now and we are still having small issues (you'll see my other threads on the forum).
I will post a thorough walkthrough when I get the time for it, but this little issue has caused me to slip behind the time schedule.
Apr 5, 2007 at 5:52 PM
I will be very thanxfull if you post a thorough walkthrough because i try everything.
I try make it in 3ds max, blender, milkshape and others 3d "editors" but the model is still invisible .. or i cant use it for BasicPaletteEffect because is only for BasicEffect. I really dont understand where i am failure.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2007 at 6:24 AM
If you are making unskinned models, then they will use BasicEffect and not BasicPaletteEffect.