Topics: User Forum
Feb 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Any time frame on this next release? :)

Thanks,
Ziggy
www.ziggyware.com
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Soon. 1.0.0.51 nightly build has all the features, I just haven't written the tutorials on how to use it for collision or using your own effects yet.
Feb 21, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2007 at 12:46 PM
David, I just realized that the changesets don't include all the files - just the ones that were updated. Aggh, frustrating for rebuilding my projects.

Would there be any chance that you would add me to the project so that I could just use Team Explorer to GetLatest?

update: It's SkinTransform.cs I'm missing; it isn't included in the most recent changeset and so I just changed the namespace in that file.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2007 at 1:22 PM
It was renamed to SkinInfo.cs

I added you to the project. The changesets do include all the files, but now you should be able to use team explorer.
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Oh yeah, in the latest checkin the assembly names have to be compiled as XCLNA.XNA.Animationx86 and XCLNA.XNA.Animation.Content

This is to conform with the .NET naming guidelines. I don't have a company name so I just decided on a non-copyrighted acronym, XCLNA (Xna Component Library is Not Acronymed)
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2007 at 1:36 PM

zygote wrote:
Any time frame on this next release? :)

Thanks,
Ziggy
www.ziggyware.com

Friday night at the latest!
Feb 27, 2007 at 2:49 AM
Maybe this Friday? :)

hehe
Feb 27, 2007 at 4:06 AM
Shouldn't it be
Xclna.Xna according to the naming guidelines? All the capital letters make my eyes bleed...
Feb 27, 2007 at 4:20 AM
I dont like the assembly name itself personally.

AnimationComponentLibrary would be a nice assembly/namespace name :)

Also: Is there a reason for the .xna sub namespace?
Feb 27, 2007 at 4:36 AM
Well the MS recommendation is CompanyName.TechnologyName.Feature.Design

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconnamespacenamingguidelines.asp

Its usual to name the assembly after the namespace.

Which would mean
Xclna.Animation and Xclna.Animation.Content

(why is the x86 in there? the namespace should be constant even if the implementtion is different on the 360)
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2007 at 6:30 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2007 at 6:33 AM
Well, first, sorry for not getting the beta release (which is the next one) out by friday. I'm actually experimenting with getting that Collada importer working with my library that the guy from ex-dream made (and I'll have to get his permission as well). I've also been busy with work in real life. I have some test code written for making and using custom effects + collision detection, but I want to refine the effect framework so you are not forced to use a 4x4 matrix palette. I've started to update the tutorial section for the next release.

Anyway, on to the subject:

The .NET guidelines say the company name should follow the case for the company acronym regardless of how it would be cased in .NET. That said, I have no problem changing the name to something more eye friendly.

You're right about how XNA should not be in caps though.

Finally, the dll name is allowed to be different from the dll name, and I think the x86 and 360 adds a lot of clarity to which DLL is which, and doesn't affect the namespace.

Thanks for your interest.
Feb 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM
>Finally, the dll name is allowed to be different from the dll name, and I think the x86 and 360 adds a lot of clarity to which DLL is which, and doesn't affect the namespace.

Aha those were assembly names - yes I agree. I thought it was the actual namepsace you were going to include the x86 in.
Feb 27, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Awesome news dastle!

I love the way the component works now and it is only getting better and better :)

Keep up the good work. If need be, just quit your job and focus on this full time :)

hehehe

Ziggy