issue with xml data file

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 19, 2007 at 11:05 PM
hello, i'm trying to using the library but when i try to use with my models i don't know how to make the xml file, i have modified the xml that came with the sample but the xna framework sent me and error that cannont deserialized the xml file, the complete error is here

Error 1 There was an error while deserializing intermediate XML. Cannot find type "Animation.SkinTransform". E:\my games\prueba01\prueba01\obj\x86\Debug\enzo~1.xml 9 34 prueba01
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2007 at 11:19 PM
1. Does the dwarf tutorial work for you?
2. Are you loading the xml into the content pipeline (you shouldn't)?
3. Your xml file has to be in the same directory as your model and has to have the same name as the model file with "animation.xml" at the end.
4. It has to be properly formatted to designate the sub-animations.

I'll add a documentation wiki on the subject soon.
Feb 20, 2007 at 12:32 AM
i have corrected the name of the xml file, but the error persist, and the file have only one animation a walk that has 22 seconds long. i have used the sample xml file to write my own and have puted this

<animation>
<name>AnimationSet0</name>
<tickspersecond>22.0</tickspersecond>
<animationsubset>
<name>walk</name>
<startframe>1</startframe>
<endframe>22</endframe>
</animationsubset>
</animation>

i have added the xml file in the content pipeline using the data file option.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2007 at 6:51 AM
You should not add the xml to the pipeline.
Feb 20, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Make sure you are using 'Model - Animation Library' as a Content Processor for your model, then choose Build->Rebuild All (and not simply Build Solution).

I don't know why, but if you choose 'Build Solution' some errors may appear and they simply go by choosing 'Rebuild All' !!!
Feb 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM
i have resolved the xml issue but now the i have the following error:

Error 2 BasicMaterial has a texture, but geometry does not contain texture coordinates. E:\my games\prueba01\prueba01\enzo.X prueba01

my model is a human, all the body with texture and i have animated it using the byped tool
Feb 20, 2007 at 3:44 PM
i'm also having an .xml/model problem. I made a simple model in anim8or, loaded it in characterfx, animated it, and exported using the same export variables that the guy who made the dwarf used. I then added in the
AnimTicksPerSecond {
15;
}

AnimationLibOptions
{
1;
"RecalcNormals";;
}
after SkinWeights and before Frame Joint1 like you did when you used the dwarfs for the tutorial. I looked at the end but there wasn't a cam section to erase like you did to go from dwarf1.x to dwarfmodel.x. Now get this: it gives a divide by zero error in BonePoses. Further investigation reveals that right before the error is given, the affectedboneposes value has a count of 0, the defaultframenum is 0, and a bunch of crap is 0. So i don't think its properly loading the walk cycle. I uploaded the model, xml, and BirdFSM.cs to here:

http://putstuff.putfile.com/50403/7847529

Thanks!
~Jonathan
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2007 at 10:18 PM

99jonathan wrote:
i'm also having an .xml/model problem. I made a simple model in anim8or, loaded it in characterfx, animated it, and exported using the same export variables that the guy who made the dwarf used. I then added in the
AnimTicksPerSecond {
15;
}

AnimationLibOptions
{
1;
"RecalcNormals";;
}
after SkinWeights and before Frame Joint1 like you did when you used the dwarfs for the tutorial. I looked at the end but there wasn't a cam section to erase like you did to go from dwarf1.x to dwarfmodel.x. Now get this: it gives a divide by zero error in BonePoses. Further investigation reveals that right before the error is given, the affectedboneposes value has a count of 0, the defaultframenum is 0, and a bunch of crap is 0. So i don't think its properly loading the walk cycle. I uploaded the model, xml, and BirdFSM.cs to here:

http://putstuff.putfile.com/50403/7847529

Thanks!
~Jonathan

1. It doesn't throw an exception with the latest source/build (nightly build 1.0.0.51)
2. You are off by an order of magnitude in your xml; it should in fact run at closer to 600 ticks per second or so.
3. You'll have to mess with the lighting to get it to display well since it is untextured and it's materials are all black.
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2007 at 10:19 PM

daimaku wrote:
i have resolved the xml issue but now the i have the following error:

Error 2 BasicMaterial has a texture, but geometry does not contain texture coordinates. E:\my games\prueba01\prueba01\enzo.X prueba01

my model is a human, all the body with texture and i have animated it using the byped tool

Can't help you on this one; this means your model has a texture, but no texture coordinates. This is a modeling issue; make sure you set the texture coordinates in your modeler.
Feb 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM
i have solved the situation, i have opened my model in maya and then i have exported to .fbx and now the model send no error in the xna game, but i need to know if the library work in the same way for the .fbx files ?
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2007 at 1:52 AM
It should.