Animation index?

Topics: User Forum
Feb 4, 2007 at 9:30 PM
How do you go about setting animation indexes in .x files, when exporting from XSI?
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2007 at 1:30 AM
Do you mean setting up which keyframes refer to which animations, or are you referring to the order in which they appear in the file?

If you mean the latter, it is best to use the names of the animation instead of the indices. It's unclear what order the animations will be loaded in from the pipeline, and in the next release I am thinking of removing setting animation by index altogether.
Feb 5, 2007 at 5:59 AM
Setting up which keyframes refer to which animations. I looked in the .x file for the blend demo and I now know how to do it manually, but how do you do it from a 3D package?
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2007 at 6:11 AM
Depends what package: Some model programs have native support to export a file with many different animations (panda exporter for 3ds, for example), and some have to put them all in one animation in the file (milkshape). I don't know how to do it in XSI. If worst comes to worst, you can always just set the keyframes for your animations at different times, and use the xml reader in the next release to split up the animations in the pipeline. The next release will have an example of how to do this.