How to use the animation component?

Topics: User Forum
Feb 3, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2007 at 3:20 AM
Hi, am i missing something?

I tried the three examples of the animating model and they work fine.
But how do i make my own model animate?

I exported many models from 3ds max and when i try doing the same thing as the examples i either get

"Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.BasicEffect'
to type 'Animation.BasicPaletteEffect'."
- when i try doing the same thing as the walking bear, or i get

"Model contains no animation info; the tag is not an instance of Dictionary<string, object>.
Please use the "Model - Animation Library" processor or a subclass."

Are my models defective? Or am i missing an important part to animate them?

I realise the i also cannot mix the models in the examples, because they give me the same errors, but their codes seem
very close to eachother.

Can anyone help?
Feb 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM
Nevermind, i found out how to use it, I had to change the content processor to animation library
Feb 25, 2007 at 10:12 PM
I am having this problem also. What do you mean by 'content processor' and setting it to 'animation library'. I found some topics about making a custom content processor. Is that what you did, and did you get this working with the walking bear demo? Thanks!!

(Sorry, I sent a personal message, but I should have asked my question in the forum so others can see it.)
Feb 26, 2007 at 1:14 AM
I learn something everyday. For future note, select the X file in the project, and under properties, you can change the 'Content Importer' and 'Content Processor'. The 'Content Processor' defaults to 'Model-XNA Framework', and should be set to 'Model - Animation Library'