Rendering problem

Topics: User Forum
May 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Edited May 3, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Hello,

when I use Animation Component Library I get strange artifacts - some areas appear red instead of being green - here's a screenshot: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/947/redsij.png. When I switch back to default XNA pipeline, model renders properly. The strangest thing is that it depends on camera distance - with small distance everything is ok, when I move away the model red areas appear. The same happens when I use the dwarf example. Do you have any idea what could be the reason of such behaviour?

Thanks.

May 7, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Well, it seems that color component gets corrupted somewhere between vertex and pixel shader. As it leaves vertex shader it's ok, but at pixel shader's input it's already turned into red. PIX for Windows didn't help solve anything - Final framebuffer value is always correct, though in the render window red dots can be seen, initial framebuffer value also shows that there was red pixel. The last thing I found out is that it doesn't happen on all computers, so it might be somehow connected with hardware issues. Any hints?