Yes! It works on XNA 3.0

Topics: User Forum
Nov 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM
I used the modifications by elSibor found here http://www.laterminal.net/xna/AnimationComponent.rar
and Yes! it works for XNA 3.0, I'm so excited!

I am posting an alternate mirror:
Library http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs06ee1/AnimationComponent_xna3.rar
Dwarf Sample: http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs06ee1/DwarfTutorial3.0.rar

Thank you dastle, and evryone that pitched in to make this a great animation library.
Nov 27, 2008 at 2:13 AM
what i can say !!!! thank thank thank alot for you
Nov 27, 2008 at 5:55 AM
i have  a small problem i really can not export  model .x  with xml file that contain animation informations....

what is the steps to do that????
Feb 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Praise be to you, good sir!

I've been trying to get XNAnimation working with XNA 3.0 and while everything builds, actually loading content from their content processor fails!

I'm *so* happy this works!

Many thanks!

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM
XNA 3 & VC# 2008 Express.
I downloaded the components from the mirror you posted, but when I create a new project, add existing x file, add reference to Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.dll to Content folder, the "X File - animation Library" content importer simply doesn't appear among the choice in x file's properties (the same for processor).  What else should I do to be able to use the importer and processor? 
When I open DwarfTutororial3.0.rar, importer is selectable. What do I have to do, except for adding content reference, to have the new importer appear in x file properties? All I did was adding reference to the Content.dll with Content folder selected in solution explorer. The instructions in the tutorial section of this site state that I should use the special "add content pipeline reference" in project settings tab, but such a tab isn't present in XNA 3 & VS 2008 Express anymore.
Thanks for any help.
Mar 2, 2009 at 1:28 AM
"The instructions in the tutorial section of this site state that I should use the special "add content pipeline reference" in project settings tab, but such a tab isn't present in XNA 3 & VS 2008 Express anymore."

Instead, right click Content in your project and add the reference there.
Mar 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM
This link is dead :

Dwarf Sample: http://www2.cs.ucy.ac.cy/~cs06ee1/DwarfTutorial3.0.rar
can you fix it please ?

thanks !
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Here is a more complete guide (btw i have restored the link)

Download and Extract AnimationComponent_xna3.rar 
Open AnimationComponent.sln and build it. Close this solution.

Go to your project, and:

From the solution explorer (Crtl+Alt+L)

References folder, Riteclick -> Add Reference... -> Browse ->  Animation Component\Windows\Bin\x86\Debug\Xclna.Xna.Animationx86.dll

Content\References folder -> Riteclick -> Add Reference->Browse-> Animation Component\Content\Bin\x86\Debug\Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.dll

Then add your .x file, go to its properties (F4)
Set the "Content Processor" property to "Model - Animation Library" (If this option is not availiable this means that the content reference was not set - see 2 lines above)
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM
This was a working game I had with Xna Game Studio 2.0.  I transformed it to Visual C# 2008 Express using the wizard and didn't seem to get any problem.

Still, I am getting this:

Error    1    Building content threw OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.GetStringForStringBuilder(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.GetNewString(String currentString, Int32 requiredLength)
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Char value)
   at Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.XFileTokenizer.AddChar(Int32 c) in C:\Irving Malcolm Xna\AnimationComponent_xna3\AnimationComponent\Content\X File\XFileTokenizer.cs:line 108
   at Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.XFileTokenizer.TokensFromString(String ms) in C:\Irving Malcolm Xna\AnimationComponent_xna3\AnimationComponent\Content\X File\XFileTokenizer.cs:line 505
   at Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.XFileTokenizer..ctor(String fileName) in C:\Irving Malcolm Xna\AnimationComponent_xna3\AnimationComponent\Content\X File\XFileTokenizer.cs:line 69
   at Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.XModelImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context) in C:\Irving Malcolm Xna\AnimationComponent_xna3\AnimationComponent\Content\X File\XModelImporter.cs:line 83
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAssetDirectly(BuildItem item, String importerName)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAndLoadAsset(BuildItem item, BuildItem requestingItem)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAssetViaCache(BuildItem item, String importerName)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.ImportAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings)    C:\Irving Malcolm Xna\Colliseum\Colliseum\Colliseum\Colliseum\Content\Coliseum2.X    Coliseum

Any idea of what could it be?
Dec 5, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Hi, wanna ask how to create a .x animation file like the dwarfmodel.x, i knew bit of 3dsMax and can do modeling, animation, export using panda, but just that the one i export cannot be used(got error when buiding the project), hence would like to ask where there are a tutorial in guiding how to create a .x animation file that fix into this xna animation component library; thanks a lot
raybotics