Content Importer - No animation library found

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:23 AM
I have been struggling for last two hours now !

I have added Xclna.Xna.Animationx86.dll to the References.
I have added Xclna.Xna.Animation.Content.dll to the Content->References.

Despite all this, when I goto properties for  dwarfmodel.x , it does not show an option for " X File- Animation Library" in Content Importer and similarly for Content Processor.

I have no clues as to why this is happening.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me.

Thanks
Sep 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM
One more thing, if it counts. I am using XNA 2.0, only if it makes any difference..

:(
Sep 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Which version of the library are you using?

If you downloaded it directly from the downloads section, well.. The library (as far as I know) doesn't work with XNAGS 2.0.

However, go to this previous thread, (Xclna conversion to XNA 2.0... somebody has success?), and you'll find an upgraded version.

If you have the upgraded version and it still doesn't work... then I have no clue of what to do.

YellPika
Sep 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Thanks a ton !

The other day when I tried downloading stuff from those links on that thread, (Xclna conversion to XNA 2.0... somebody has success?) dint work ! I thought they were broken or something. But, they did work for me today! And, so I get to add these DLLs and tweak a bit the code posted in tutorials, and voila, it works !

Thanks a lot YellPika :-)
Oct 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM
Hey Guys,
I have the same problem and the link is not working anymore. Any alternatives where I can get the library for XNA 2.0?
Thanks
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:38 AM
I also have an upgraded version integrated into my library (www.codeplex.com/VLibrary). I changed the name spaces a bit, so I don't know if it will work properly,
as I haven't tested it. Otherwise, the code is exactly the same. I'd appreciate it it you tested it for me :).

Anyway, its located under the VLibrary.RenderXNA.Animation name space.

YellPika