Content processor type name

Jun 7, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Soooo...
I'm using the content builder from this sample: http://creators.xna.com/en-us/sample/winforms_series2
I'm trying to hook in the animation component to have the models do an animation as well as load it dynamically.

Anyways, at one point I need to tell the builder what content importer and processor I want to use, looks something like this

_builder.Add(string filename, string name, string importer, string processor);

Does anyone know where I could find, or if they know, the type name of the animation component content processor? 

I have tried both the 'friendly' property/display name and the class name inside of the animation component 'AnimatedModelProcessor.cs'

Looks like...
[ContentProcessor(DisplayName="Model - Animation Library")]
    public class AnimatedModelProcessor : ModelProcessor

thanks,
scrawniven

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Looks like what you want is: FbxImporter and SkinnedModelProcessor. I just opened up the XNAnimationSample's content project and looked at the text in there. After all, the ContentBuilder is really just making a VS Project in memory. I'm not sure how you'd tell it to set the parameters though!

<ItemGroup>
    <Compile Include="Models\PlayerMarine.fbx">
      <Name>PlayerMarine</Name>
      <Importer>FbxImporter</Importer>
      <Processor>SkinnedModelProcessor</Processor>
      <ProcessorParameters_GenerateTangentFrame>True</ProcessorParameters_GenerateTangentFrame>
    </Compile>
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Edited Dec 8, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Hi,

Has anyone gotten this work? I have tried using SkinnedModelProcessor as the type name for processor, when the content builder tries to build it, it returns an error saying SkinnedModelProcessor does not exist...

Thanks a lot!
Dec 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Have you added a reference to the Skinned Model sample's content pipeline DLL?
If you don't want to do that, dynamically loading the DLL (via Assembly.Load) should work. I've done this before to load other custom pipeline DLLs, but not for SkinnedModelProcessor...