Fbx+XML = no animation , Possible solution

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 5, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Hello.
Ive encountered a probem, that I just figured out how to solve. I done know if any of you have the same problem, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Im using XSI modtools to create and export fbx files., and Im using XML files to split up the animation, just as the tutorial.
The problem came pretty much randomly, and consist of the animations are not moving. I have experienced that everything works, but the next day as I turn on my computer, the animations just freezes. The XML file is loaded properly, as I can see, and select, the animations from the XML file. I thought this would be an issue with the XML files not beeing updated (even though i didnt make any changes) so i tried to rebuild the project. No succes. After a while, I found a "solution":

- Open all animation.xml files
- Change the TicksPrSecond to some random value (properly just make any change in the file)
- Rebuild
- Run the game
- Change all the values back again
- Rebuild
- Run the game. The animations should now be working (at least for me)

The last thing Ive experienced, is that on some computers theres a difference when running the project in Debug or in release mode. (running in release mode, will still use break points)

Hope it helps