mesh with BasicPaletteEffect won't draw

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Hi!
I have a problem with drawing my skinned model in my project.
If I draw it in a clean project, there is no problem, but if I draw it in my game (which is pretty big), all the meshes that have BasicPaletteEffects won't display, the meshes with BasicEffects are displayed correctly.
Did someone had the same problem as me ? What's the reason of this ?
Apr 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Im still pretty new to this material myself, and you havent given much information to work on.. but I'll see if I can suggest some things to look at...

If models with BasicEffects work, and those with BasicPaletteEffects dont, that suggests to me that the effect parameters are not being set correctly. I would try looking into the code that follows right after loading the model into the program, where you are grabbing the textures out, and pushing new effect data in for your shader.

From what happened in my project anyways, the place in which the fact that a model had a basiceffect or basiceffectpalette was only in grabbing the texture out of the model. Because of this, I might try setting the texture parameter of the shader at this point to a constant preloaded texture for the whole model. Yes this wont look pretty, but if the model 'suddenly' renders you know where to look.

Hopefully that helps.