Blender Model Not Working

Topics: User Forum
Mar 24, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Hi, I have made a simple animated model in blender but when i try and run my game with the model loaded and set up for animtion i get the error

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in Xclna.Xna.Animationx86.dll

Additional information: The effects on the model for a ModelAnimator were changed without calling ModelAnimator.InitializeEffectParams().

and even if i put "Animator.InitializeEffectParams();" it still gives me the error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM
Hi, the library has not yet been updated to 2.0. If it doesn't work on 1.0, I would have to see the code. If you change effect parameters without calling that method afterwords, then an error occurs because the animator stores all the values of the effects and assumes they don't change externally (unless you call InitializeEffectParams).
Mar 24, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2008 at 9:54 PM
but i dont change effects. I have even tried putting it in the dwarf sample and i still get the error

EDIT ok i switched the importer back to the standard .x importer and now my model loads and displays. The only problem is the animations don't play. My character just stays rigid
Mar 24, 2008 at 10:15 PM
ok ive fixed it. My model file didn't contain

AnimTicksPerSecond {
15;
}