updating library for XNA 4.0

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2010 at 4:16 AM
Hello everyone, I am going to update this library for XNA 4.0 in the next few months. If anyone is interested in helping out, please let me know!
Dec 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Hi Dastle,
thank you very much for your work & for keep on updating it. What you do is really really very helpful & useful.
I don't feel like having enough knowledge, otherwise I would definatelly help you. Anyway, if you consider I could in any way, just tell me!

Thank you,
Synth

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Hello everyone,

I was able to get the library working in XNA 4.0, but I sent the code to dastle to check over and see if it is ok to post here or not. If there are no problems with my updated project I will be happy to share with everyone, although right now it only runs on windows. I am trying to get it working on the xbox360 also. When I hear from dastle and if he approves it, I will post the link, otherwise you will have to wait for his update which I am sure will be soon. If I get it to work on the xbox360, I will post again. Good luck to you all, I think this is a great animation library and very easy to use.

Aloha and Thanks to dastle!

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Thank you Mark! Your code will undoubtedly save me a lot of time.

I will try to get it to work on the XBOX early next week. I am swamped with work this week.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:52 AM

No problem dastle. I actually got it to work on the xbox360 and sent the new link to you. I am in the process of trying to get it to work with a custom shader now. If you are ok with it I will post a link to the upgraded solutions here on the forums. Let me know.

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! You definitely have my permission to post the link. Also, I can add you as a member of the project if you like. This would allow you to make commits to the repository.
Jan 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jan 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Woohoo! dastle is back!

I also managed to get the library work on XNA 4.0, it wasn't really difficult, and I actually had to remove some code (very fun thing to do :-))

Didn't try to convert the Xbox version though, but my guess it should be fairly easy as well.

Does that mean you're going to keep on updating the library?

I'm having a hard time to display animations correctly, and I would be glad to get some help from the library's creator (whether I'm doing something wrong, or maybe something the library doesn't support yet?)

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Did you see this post? The library is already upgraded to XNA 4.0 and works on the xbox 360 as well.
http://animationcomponents.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=237833
Jan 3, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Yes I did, very nice :)

I'm also working on normal maps atm, so I'll let you know if I succeed!