How to animate "tiny.x"

Topics: User Forum
Nov 30, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Hi,

Some days ago I started with XNA and soon I came to the point, where I needed animating my meshes with skeletal animation, so I searched on the internet and found your library.
It looks great, but I am facing difficulties while playing around with your sample code from the dwarf tutorial. I wanted to replace the dwarf with the tiny.x from DX SDK. But when I try run I get an exception "Model Processor must subclass AnimatedModelProcessor." What does that mean? Could you help to get that working?

Another question I have: Are there any tutorials on how to export an animation from Autodesk Maya to DirectX properly?

thanks in advance!

regards

Siegfried
Dec 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Hi Siegfried,
sounds like you forgot to change the model processor of your x file. Rightclick on it, select properties, then change the
Content Processer to "Model - Animation Library"
and Content Importer to "X File - Animation Library".

I try to get my small bone animation exported from 3dsmax7 to xna animation components. Also have problems.
If I have BasicEffects instead of BasicPaletteEffects, does this mean the skin was not imported?
If I change the code to BasicEffects, it works, but I dont see anything in the running game window.
I would be very happy for a detailed tutorial about using panda xporter in 3dsmax to get a proper working x file for xna.
Anyone?
Dec 3, 2007 at 7:51 AM
Hi

thanks for your reply!

Ok I will try that!

I work with Maya and I can't get the bone animation out of it. Do you know a good converter. Or is there a way to export Maya to 3ds Max and then to convert it to X CORRECTLY?

regards

Siegfried