XNA Beta 2.0 Compatible?

Nov 22, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone here was having the same problem as me. When i am re-referenceing the Animation component to the content pipeline in XNA beta 2.0 like it says to do in the upgrade wizard and then trying to change the dwarf models Importer and Processer to the Animation library. The thing is the animation library doesnt show up in the list. Am i the only one this is happening to??
Nov 23, 2007 at 10:52 PM
This is happening to me as well.
Nov 26, 2007 at 4:16 AM
Looks like you need to create a new content pipeline project and manually copy the files over, the upgrade wizard creates a new game project, which is not what you want.
Dec 2, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2007 at 3:40 PM
I finally managed to get my project (converted from XNA 1.0) compiled by creating 2 new Content Pipeline Extension Libraries in my project and manually copying the code from the XNA Animation Component Library into the projects.

But now the game crashes when loading a model:

ContentLoadException was unhandled
Error loading "Models\Dwarf\dwarf". Cannot find ContentTypeReader Xclna.Animation.Content.AnimationReader

The corresponding line of code is:
Model model = content.Load<Model>("Models\\Dwarf\\dwarf");

How can I resolve this problem?
Dec 3, 2007 at 7:28 PM
Is there anyone working further on the ACL that we can get a new version? I'm pretty despaired just because I thought I can use the ACL for my animations. I need to have a part of my project done at thursday, 6th december..
Dec 7, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Has nobody an idea, how to fix the Problem?
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:31 PM
I've got the tutorial working with XNA Beta 2 on VS2005, you can download the entire solution (in a self-extracting archive) from here:

http://cid-5800867bc055877d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/XNA%20Animation%20Component%20Library

Caveats:
1: I quit after I got the dwarf idling.
2: It may only work for you in release mode. (See the readme for more info).
Dec 18, 2007 at 4:59 AM
As to answer the original posters question:

This I figured out after a bit of digging. If you put a reference to the lib in the references it does not show up.

But note, that under the Content folder itself, there is another references folder. Add the lib to this folder and viola, it will appear.
Jan 2, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Does anybody know what needs to be done in order to get the animation library working correctly in debug mode? That would be kinda useful...I'm not sure where to start on that as usually when I run into debug/release problems it's that they will work in debug and not in release.
Jan 7, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Please see this thread on the XNA Forum

http://forums.xna.com/40386/ShowThread.aspx#40386

Your mileage may vary!
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Thanks guys. This will be the first thing on my list for maintaining the code.