Failed to Parse System.Single

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Great work with this, it is very much appreciated. I do have one problem though -

When I include my .x file and use the in-built xna processor and importer my model is ok. When I turn them onto the animation library versions it fails to build my project with the error failed to parse system.single. This only occurs when the model is exported in ascii rather than binary format. When I use the binary format the animationcontroller finds no animations. I would like to fix the ascii problem first and then see what is happening with the animations. Is this due to the tutorials not being updated since the new release ?

Any help is very welcome :O)

Thanks.
Jul 21, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Well I now have the model loaded and animating. I just use the inbuilt xna importer, I didnt realise you could mix and match :O)

I only have one problem now. One of the parts of my model is missing on render. I know that my model requires more than the 59 available pallets under sm2 (info acquired from the xna skinning anim sample), has it maxed out ? Any help much appreciated.
Jul 22, 2007 at 10:06 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Also, the dwarf model works great on the xbox but my model just causes an exception in the output window when running and I get a black screen on the xbox. What is the limit for pallets on the xbox, I thought sm3 had a fair few more registers than sm2. Am I wrong. I think my model has 69 pallets if I remember from my managed directx days.

Sorry for all the questions ... you have done a great job and I just want to get coding my game now :O)

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Dave.