Animation Layers

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 27, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Hi,

I found recently this animation library and got amazed on how good and versatile it is! I really feel a great advance to have something that allows you to load and play animations on a model.

I started using it and realized that there didn't exist the concept of "animation layer". You can only mix between two animations and you cannot define what is the scope of a single animation. So, if you want to blend more than 2 animations (when you have procedural animations it's quite interesting) and you want to give a scope to your animations -for instance, if you have a shooting animation that is the whole body and a running animation for the whole body too, but you want to enable shooting while running- you cannot directly do it, you must go to the bones and do it yourself.

So I think adding this concept is interesting and, consequently, I've implemented it on the library on my own. I don't know if you would be interested in this extension, but if so, please tell me and I will send you the code so that you can post it or whatever. I don't know much about this kind of development (using codeplex) so if there are other places where I should have added this proposal or whatever, I apologize.

Barkley
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I would be very interested in seeing it. Thanks! You can email it to david_astle@hotmail.com

I would ask you more questions on what you mean by animation layers, but the code will probably speak for itself.